TeraTerm Pro Web 3.1.3 - Enhanced Telnet/SSH2 Client
TeraTerm Pro Web is the next generation tool for connecting with remote Telnet and SSH hosts.
It is built based on the extremely popular open-source TeraTerm product put out by T. Teranishi in 1999 (click here for original site).
In keeping with the original philosophy and spirit of the author, our modified version is completely free!!
TeraTerm Pro Web works on Windows 95/98, 2000, 2003, XP, and Vista. Here are the latest TeraTerm Pro Web releases:
As big-time fans of the original, we realized that there were a host of missing features that could make it immensely more useful, namely:
- Ability to connect via SSH2
- Allow recurring command to be sent to connected hosts (ie: "keep-alive")
- Enhance the TTMacro Language to allow ODBC connectivity and additional scripting functionality
- Have built in web server to accept HTTP requests that:
- Pass one or more commands to the connected Telnet/SSH Host
- Capture resulting text from host until one or more termination strings (or timeout) is detected, then...
- Pass captured text back to waiting browser or web server that initiated the request
- Provide various layers of authentication and encryption for the built-in web server including:
Provide HTTP listening on any IP/port combination
Have template-based response and error files that could be easily modified
Have comprehensive HTTP request logging
We searched to no avail for existing products that had these features, so we decided to modify our favorite little gem TeraTerm. The result is TeraTerm Pro Web 3!
- Base64, MD5, and In-Request authentication
- Allow or require secure SSL communication
- Easy to maintain username & password files
Applications & Examples
TeraTerm Pro Web can act as a "middle-man" to provide communication between platform-independent web-based application servers (such as ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, Perl, etc) and any remote Telnet/SSH host. In short, you can now build web applications that can control, monitor or provision any device that has a telnet or SSH based command interface. Some examples:
If you are looking for assistance in building any solutions that solve these types of issues, please contact us. Our whole original purpose in developing TeraTerm Pro Web was to solve these kinds of complex provisioning and control solutions for our customers.
- Automatic programming and provisioning of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Provisioning of proprietary telecommunications equipment such as switches, voicemail systems, PBXs, and a myriad of others
- Automatic monitoring and control of HVAC control systems
- Programming monitoring of manufacturing and industrial systems and equipment
- ANYTHING that has a telnet-based command interface